Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Monday, September 21, 2015

The Coolest Party

I finally have something to post for Blue Monday.

We have just gotten back from a fabulous wedding weekend at the beach.
Rob & Brandi took care of  all of the wedding details (photos to come). We got to plan the 'coolest party' for the night before the wedding.
Since it was a destination wedding for everyone, we wanted to have a casual evening for family and friends. A chance for everyone to mingle and get to know each other.

I couldn't have done it without my A-team of helpers. Even Hope was a big help. . . and she is the cutest as she is resting before the party.

This was an area that is poolside at Caribe. We swooped in as folks went in for the afternoon. Throwing out table cloths to claim our party space. A party banner helps!

We decorated with pinwheels and giant bubble wands. Perfect for the poolside, since the kids were all wanting to swim. The adults were close enough, but could enjoy their evening too.
Such a fun night.

The weather was perfect (compared to the rainy evenings all week prior). Even the sunset cooperated.

We had made a bucket of sand and kerosene burners for a s'more station. (what kind of dessert can you serve when the bride is a pastry chef ??? )
It was a great way to end the evening . . . And begin the wedding weekend.


Don't forget to check in at Smiling Sally for more blues and Coastal Charm for her 'Show and Share'.
Y'all enjoy ~

Sandi

9 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Hi Sandi,

Talk about a fun party! S'mores, banners, and poolside sound like such a good time! Thanks for making Blue Monday special.

Happy Blue Monday!

LV said...

A different and nice way to celebrate a wedding.

Lea said...

Fun! Fun!
Have a great week!

joyh82 said...

Wow looks so nice and you all did awesome with decorations!
Joy @ Books and Life

Oliva Ohlson said...

Fun fun fun...what a perfect way to celebrate!!! Hope looks so cute resting!

Picnic Bench said...

Awesome decorations! What a perfect way to celebrate! Thanks for sharing.

Manish Batra said...

Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
Karma KM 2500

Keep Posting:)

Manish Batra said...

Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
Karma KM 2500 Wheelchair

Keep Posting:)

benilhalk said...

Yeah I completely agree that it was the coolest party. The color scheme is truly fabulous. It’s my favorite color. You know I used this color for the decoration of my office event. It was perfectly matching with the interior of corporate events Chicago venue where I hosted my event.

Related Posts with Thumbnails